Free Consultation

For Canadian residents that are US citizens

Can an American-Canadian file bankruptcy in the US from Canada using a Canadian attorney and trustee or must it be done in the states?

Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “For Canadian residents that are US citizens”

A licensed trustee said...

I very much doubt it, unless the Canadian lawyer is licenced to operate in which ever state you need to file the bankruptcy in… you’ll need to speak to a US lawyer about US bankruptcy law.