Free Consultation


I currently receive CPP, IWA and WCB pensions. Can these monthly checks be garnisheed by the trustee in any way? I do work part-time even though I do collect these three pensions.

Posted from: British Columbia

One Response to “Pensions”

A licensed trustee said...

I’m sorry, but I’m a little confussed by your question – normally trustees do not garnishee anyones payments unless they person has significant surplus income and then a trustee only garnishees if the person refuese to make the required payments.

If you are asking if your pension income can be garnisheed by your creditors then the answer is no.

I think you should use the links on this site to contact a trustee in BC to discuss your situation over the phone.