Free Consultation

previous year tax return

I will be filing bankruptcy sometime in the next few months (2008).
My question is regarding my 2007 tax return. Do I file it normally? Who will get to keep the money from the return?

One Response to “previous year tax return”

Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said...

Yes you file your taxes normally.

However, tax refunds for the year of bankruptcy and any previous year are something that you forfeit and it will be sent to your trustee.

While every office is different, but ask your trustee if they will prepare this tax return on your behalf. They will likley be happy to do so.