request for money by lawyer

June 11th, 2007 by Questions

I have received a letter from lawyers requesting payment for a credit card from 1997. My ex husband claimed bankruptcy and was discharged. I believe my name may have been signed too. Its been 10 years, do I have to pay. What are my rights.


One Response to “request for money by lawyer”

, A licensed trustee said:

I am sorry, this site does not provide legal advice – you need to speak to a lawyer regarding this kind of thing as the answer may vary depending of where you live.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)