conditional discharge

March 3rd, 2007 by Questions

“Conditional discharge” is no discharge at all. The bankruptcy registrar ordered payments of surplus income for ten years because my discharge was opposed by my ex=wife and NOT because of support payments. I am broke and cannot afford a bankruptcy lawyer. Can you tell me if under the present bankruptcy laws, the registrar can order this length of a term?

The bankruptcy was made in 2005, the decision on conditional discharge made in September, 2006. I have received no official order from the court yet. My trustee keeps telling me it has not been signed. What are my rights?


One Response to “conditional discharge”

, A licensed trustee said:

I am guessing you are from the western part of the country as I am not aware of any such Conditional Orders coming down from the Ontario Court which is where I practice.

You have the right to apply to the Court for a Variances 12 months after the original Order was signed. That doesn’t mean that the Order will be changed, but you have the right to at least ask the Court to reconsider.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)