Indefinetly Suspended Bankruptcy

October 26th, 2006 by Questions

How do I go about re-initiating bankruptcy in Canada propceedings. I declared bankruptcy in 2002 , but failed to pay off the trustee, I owed about 400.00. I was in a serious car accident, had numerous surgeries and develope a psychiatric illness with memory loss. I am just coming out of the fog and want to straighten out my life. The trustee apparently got discharged and my bankruptcy go suspended by the courts indefinetly. How do I fix this?


One Response to “Indefinetly Suspended Bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth, GCO Inc. Bankruptcy Trustees said:

You need to first try to contact your original trustee and see if he would be willing to be reappointed. If he is not you can then a) hire a lawyer to make an application on your behalf (which would likely be opposed by the trustee if you don’t fulfill your original obligations) or b) contact a different trustee’s office and see if they would be willing to help out in this type of situation. Either way, the first phone call you should make would be to your original trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)