Undischarged bankruptcy

February 16th, 2006 by Questions

I thought I was discharged from my bankruptcy which I filed for in 2000. I am now finding out I am undischarged. I currently have a car loan. What happens to my car and how do I get discharged? I was finally able to get my paper work and the last court document says, It is ordered that the application for the discharge of the bankrupt be and is herby adjorned Sine Die; What does that mean?


One Response to “Undischarged bankruptcy”

, Barton Goth, GCO Inc. Bankruptcy Trustees said:

In terms of your car, there shouldn’t be any changes with respect to your car, if you want to keep it you need to continue to make payments on your car loan.

As for being undischarged, you will need to discuss this with your trustee. There may be some outstanding obligations that you will have to clear up and then your trustee will be able to make an application for your discharge.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)