Owe Student Loans

August 17th, 2005 by Questions

I owe student loans and the CRA is holding my GST & Tax refunds. I am pregnant and am hoping I will get the Child Tax Credit when my baby is born. Can the CRA withhold my Child Tax Credit?


One Response to “Owe Student Loans”

, A licensed trustee said:

The Child Tax Benefit (CTB) is usually only withheld if you have been overpaid benefits in the past. If you do not receive your CTB you should contact your local office of the Canada Revenue Agency to determine why it is being withheld.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)