Paying mother rent

October 31st, 2009 by Questions

Hello. I live in the same house with my mother and I pay her rent $500. I buy my own groceries. Would her income have to be included in my surplus income calculation? Thank you.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Paying mother rent”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

This is really up to the discretion of the trustee, but most trustee’s will simply look at this as a roommate relationship and therefor you would be listed as single when you file for bankruptcy. It would be different if you were supporting your mother, but that is not the arrangement that you guys have.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)