July 16th, 2009 by Questions

My common law husband wants to file for bankruptcy. I dont want him too. He owes $16,000 in taxes and $7,000 in GST. He hasn`t saved up that kind of $$$. He has about $3,000 in savings. He wants to declare bankruptcy – but I want us to find a way out. Is there anyway to do this without filing bakruptcy?

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “taxes”

, A licensed trustee said:

He should start by discussing payment options with CRA before he decides to file for bankruptcy. If he can’t make a deal with CRA then he should speak to a trustee to see what other options he has.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)