Tax payment

May 29th, 2013 by Questions

I am behind in my taxes so the government garnished my wages. They are taking 30> of my net pay after taxes. This leaves me approximately $400 behind on my bills per month. What can I do?

Posted from: New Brunswick


One Response to “Tax payment”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

The best thing to do is to contact a local trustee. Really there are 2 ways you can stop a garnishment like this. The first way is to simply file a bankruptcy, the second is to look at a consumer proposal. Technically you can also try to negotiate terms directly with your creditors, but usually by the time they have initiated the garnishee they aren’t interested in negotiating any more arrangements. As a reuslt you need to look at options that have court protect and either the bankruptcy or the consumer proposal do.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)