big headache

June 4th, 2012 by Questions

I owe 15000 on my credit card and I am having problem paying this since I have other credit cards and monthly payments, is it possible to call the credit card company and ask for settlement?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “big headache”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You can definitely call the credit card company and ask for a settlement, but it usually isn’t that easy. If there are other debts involved you might need to look at the filing of a consumer proposal as this is a program initiated by the Federal Government to assist debtors by providing a mechanism to negotiate potential debt reductions with all their creditors at once.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)