Taxes and proposals

January 24th, 2012 by Questions

If I file a consumer proposal in 2012, and I do my taxes for the tax year 2011, am I eligible to keep the refund? Or is it forfeit?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Taxes and proposals”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

If you filed a consumer proposal you would get to keep the refund. You only loose refunds if a bankruptcy is filed. However, the fact that you know this refund is coming means that when you put together the consumer proposal you have to make sure you disclose this anticipated refund.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)