Denise Maillette

November 28th, 2011 by Questions

We recently moved to Ontario from Quebec – due to our house selling for a loss we have approximately $50,000.00 debt in Quebec. We are reestablished in Ontario and can handle our debt here. Can we file for consumer proposal for the quebec debt. My husband was born and raised in Quebec me in Ontario

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Denise Maillette”

, A licensed trustee said:

Sorry, but you cannot pick and coose which debts to include (or exclude) from a consumer proposal. All of your unsecured creditors must be treated the same – to file on your debts from Quebec you must alos file on your debts from Ontario.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)