Legal Papers

November 23rd, 2010 by Questions

I have been served with legal papers to repay a line of credit. Can i still do a consumer proposal?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Legal Papers”

, A licensed trustee said:

Yes you may. In fact, you may file a consumer proposal (or bankruptcy) even after the Couirt issues a Judgment against you. By filing a consumer proposal the legal process is stayed (stopped) no matter how far along in the process the creditor has gone.

Use the links on this site to find a trustee in your area to call. They should be able to tell you whether or not a consumer proposal makes sense for you.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)