Free Consultation

Consumer Proposal Gone Bad

I have been paying in to a consumer proposal for three years now and though it was finished, but I was told that I need to paid up to 5 years. At the start the amount was increased but I knew nothing about the 3 to 5 years. Right now I have paid more that half of what is owing and if you do the 5 years close to the full amount. What can be done?? The trustee that I used for the proposal is not longer it business and the trustee that took over the file…says that because I paid the new amount…I agree…
Can something be done ???? I don`t want to pay after the three years.

Posted from: Quebec

One Response to “Consumer Proposal Gone Bad”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

If you have concerns or complaints it is bet to contact your local Superintendent of Bankruptcy Office. Although, in most circumstances to enable the proposal to be extended you need to sign an amended proposal. Are you sure you didn’t sign something to that effect.