creditcard debt

December 5th, 2012 by Questions

I am living in the UK and do not make enough money/month to make my payments and reduce my debt so my mother has been paying for me. She has her own loan to pay plus my dads credit card payment. I am a Canadian citizen so can I claim bankruptcy?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “creditcard debt”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You would only be able to file for bankruptcy in Canada if you:
1. Currently resided in Canada or resided in Canada within the last 12 months, or
2. Owned property in Canada, or
3. Operated a business in Canada.

If you can’t fulfil any of these requirements you would not be able to file bankruptcy here unless you moved back and re-established residency.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)