City iean on property

December 5th, 2012 by Questions

I am a 67 year old senior on a pension and cannot afford to make repairs to my home.If the city repairs my property and put a lean on my property and I cannot afford to make the payments and lose my home can I write the city lean off in bankruptcy or can the city take part of my pension?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “City iean on property”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

As long as your home is foreclosed on prior to you filing for bankruptcy, then the lien would become an unsecured creditor and you would be cleared from it by the bankruptcy and no one could impact your pensions. But timing is important, the foreclosure process must start first. house must be foreclosed first.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)