Retro Child Tax Credit received while bankrupt.

April 23rd, 2012 by Questions

If I receive a retro payment for Child Tax Credit for two years before filing bankruptcy does this need to be declared as income for the present year?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Retro Child Tax Credit received while bankrupt.”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Yes this needs to be disclosed to your trustee, but it is more confusing than simply including it in income for the purposes of the surplus income calculation. You will need to discuss the details directly with your trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)