October 6th, 2011 by Questions

How does one go about bankruptcy/consumer proposal if revenue canada has co-mingled you and your spouses income info? gst comes in together so how would that be decided? my spouse does not want to be involved with whatever decision I make so how would I be able to provide an income tax statement without divulging her info??
Thanks for trying to sort this through for me.

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “income????”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You would start by meeting with a local trustee . This question is far to involved for a forum like this one. So contact a local trustee, bring in all the tax information you think may be relevant and they will help you determine if it is possible to sort things out without her cooperation.

For reference if it does turn out that you have to file a bankruptcy it is possible to do so without divulging her information, the only problem may be one of determining what information (i.e. potion of the tax debt) relates to you, and my guess is that whomever you meet with will be able to help you do this fairly easily.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)