June 8th, 2011 by Questions

I have become disabled over the past year especially and am now unable to work. I have 50,000.00 worth of credit card and personal loan debt. I am not answering my phone but know I must deal with this..Most of my debt is from medication, rent , keeping going. I am not able to work my part time job due to mobility problems. I am applying for general welfare. Can I declare personal bankruptcy?

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “Brenda”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

Yes, you can declare personal bankruptcy. You should meet with a local trustee and they will help you to determine what would be involved and whether or not a bankruptcy would be necessary.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)