April 6th, 2011 by Questions

So if I leave my husband, my name isn’t on the deed of the house or the first mortgage but it is on the second mortgage and on a loan from City Financial with him as well as I have my own debt of $30,000. to $35,000 in personal loans and credit cards. In which case I can not afford to leave and pay rent and support myself and my daughter Can I claim if he doesn’t want to?

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “help”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

There is no problem with you claiming bankruptcy individually. There is no requirement that you file with your husband, whether you are currently together, or separated.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)