income tax refund

December 1st, 2009 by Questions

I will most likely be filing for bankruptcy in January of 2010, I have no were else to turn! Can I keep my 2009 tax refund ? I owe a relative $850.00 and I must repay it as it has caused a major family problem !

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “income tax refund”

, A licensed trustee said:

If you have already received your 2009 refunbd when you file then your trustee will ask you for an accounting of what you did with the money. If you have done anything “inappropriate” (like paid off a debt in full) then you may be required to pay an amount equal to your refund into your bankruptcy.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)