have not been discharged from a 2006

December 7th, 2009 by Questions

i have not been discharged from a 2006 bankruptcy and my file is closed and i have no job what can i do to get a discharged and the trustee wants me to pay 800.00 to reopen and pay off my outstaning bill with them what the hell does a person do this is not fair.

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “have not been discharged from a 2006”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

You are correct that it is a difficult and costly thing to deal with a bankruptcy after the fact. Honestly, I am surprised that the trutee is charging such a small amount.

The fact of the matter is that if you want it dealt with you either use your original trustee, or hire a lawyer to handle the process for you The problem with this approach is the lawyer is always more costly than usuing the trustee as you would end up paying the trustee’s fees as well as the legal fees.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)