Non-common law partners

October 17th, 2009 by Questions

What happens if I decide to claim bankruptcy when I live with my boyfriend but we are not common law? We`ve only lived together for 4 or 5 months.

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “Non-common law partners”

, A licensed trustee said:

Your surplus income payment is based on household size and income. If you are sharing costs with your boyfriend then yopur trustee may treat him as a roommate or may treat him as part of yopur household – it literally depends on your living arrangements.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)