in Super Debt

October 27th, 2009 by Questions

I recently found out form the government of canada(taxes), that I owe about 26,000 plus i already have credit cards and loans. I can not pay all of this it`s impossible. I f I have to file for bankruptcy I know that that will help me with most of these things, but what about this huge debt to Ontario child care supplement and Child tax benefit. Help I`m drowning. Judy

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “in Super Debt”

, A licensed trustee said:

If you incurred the debt for the Child Care Supplement and the Child Tax Benefit because you misrepresented your situation then bankruptcy won’t help you with those debts.

For example, if you failed to disclose someone else was living in the household with you so that you were overpaid benefits then you will be required to repay those benefits – bankruptcy won’t solve this kind of problem.

Call and ask the government department that you are indebted to whether or not bankruptcy will help – they should be able to tell you.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)