Persons living in household

September 21st, 2009 by Questions

We house an international student. We are paid $700 per month. We pay for his food and all others costs incurred by his living with us. My question is, since the bankruptcy will take 1/2 of this income, can we count him as a family member so our guideline income amount can be higher?

ex family of 4 : $3474.00
OR family of 5 : $3941.00

Posted from: British Columbia


One Response to “Persons living in household”

, Barton Goth - Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said:

This is something you will have to discuss with a local trustee as there is some professional discretion that must be utilized. Without being entirely familiar with the situation I would likely permit the use of a family of 5, but you will have to remember that the extra $700 you are paid should be reflected in you monthly surplus income calculation.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)