military pension awards

February 11th, 2009 by Questions

if i recieve an award for a disability, contracted from the military does this go to my trustee

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “military pension awards”

, A licensed trustee said:

It will depend on the wording of the award and what they are compensating your for. If the aard is for economic loss then it is seizable. If it is solely for pain and suffering it may not be.

If you have already filed for bankruptcy then take a copy of the ward documents to your trustee. If you haven’t filed then you should speak to a lawyer experienced in insolvency law.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)