Bankruptcy Abuse

August 19th, 2008 by Questions

I know a person who has been carying on business as an undischarged bankrupt for about 10 years. She cons other people to open bank accounts for her and others to guarantee loans. She even got to :own: property by having someone be a bare Trustee holding her beneficial interest for her use only. She has left a trail of misery behind her..people ripped off…others going bankrupt themselves because they fell for her schemes. She seems to get away with this time after time. Is there anyone to report this abuse too? How is the Act and Regulations enforced? And if they are are they really??….or just on paper. Secondly, how can you findout the name of someone`s Trustee to inform them about this behavior? Thanks

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “Bankruptcy Abuse”

, A licensed trustee said:

Contact the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy (OSB) nearest you (you can find them on the web) – they may want you to write your concerns down and submit whatever proof you may have in writing.

The OSB can also show you a website that you can go to and find out the person’s trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)