November 16th, 2007 by Questions

I Have been disabled for approx. 3 years .I have been told that I will never be able to work again. I had just graduated with a masters degree in computer science. I have massive amount of debt ( credit card ,student loan ) .My only income now is from community services which is 450 month. I had never worked enough to receive Canada pension. I understand that I am likely creditor proof and told the collection agencies the same . How do I get the collectors from calling me .Could i go bankrupt just to get them off my back .


One Response to “disabled”

, A licensed trustee said:

Bankruptcy would stop the commercial lenders (credit cards, lines of credit), but it would not deal with your student debt until you’ve ben out of school forat least 10 years.

In addtion, there is a cost associated with filing for bankruptcy. If you are living on $450 a month you probably have better things to do with your money than paying the bankruptcy fee…

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)