October 20th, 2007 by Questions

I hope my question is in place at this site. I was a subcontractor to a firm; last week the contract was resiliated. I did not receive a paycheck for two last month. Moreover the employer fooling around and do not tell me if he is willing to pay or not. I respected this person a lot. He owes me almost $10000. Can I file a bankrupcy application against him. I do not really want to go to Small Claims.


One Response to “Bankruptcy”

, A licensed trustee said:

Unfortunately this is not the right place to be asking this question. You should contact a lawyer to discuss you options.

Just so you know, an action in Small Claims Court will be significantly less expensive than trying to petition someone into bankruptcy.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)