financial problems outside canada

September 24th, 2007 by Questions

Iam a permanent resident in canada without any problems here. however, I had some financial problems outside canada and I am not able to pay my debts for the bank where i used to live due to job loss. The bank officials call me almost every week. my question is ` can a bank outside canada report my case to the court in canada or not?


One Response to “financial problems outside canada”

, Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said:

The technical answer is yes, but whether or not they are going to do so is the question and it ultimately depends on what country your are in and the amount of debt you are dealing with.

However, we find in most cases it is very expensive to collect on debts across international borders so as a result very little action is regularlly taken.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)