Tax refunds

May 15th, 2007 by Questions

My bf was due to be discharged feb. of 05 but his last payment was some how never received.He had moved so he didn\’t know until he filed his taxes for the years 05 and 06 and was told his refunds were being held.He contacted his trustee and was told he had one payment of 470.00 and his duties would be fulfilled.He did that and just received his discharge.Now he is trying to find out what happened to his refunds and he is getting the run around.The government tells him it was released to bankruptcy and his trustee tells him they have no record of it. Is he entitled to these refunds?


One Response to “Tax refunds”

, Barton Goth GCO Bankruptcy Trustees said:

In normal circumstances these after bankruptcy refunds would be sent directly to the bankrupt, or if received by the trustee they would be returned to the debtor. In unusual payments a trustee may go to court and get an order for the refunds to offset outstanding payments, but this is relatively rare and if it happened the monies would show up on the Statement of Receipts and Disbursements.

Your best bet is to contact CRA explain that your trustee has no recored of these cheques and ask to if they can determine whether or not the cheques have been cashed.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)