March 25th, 2007 by Questions

Am I able to file for an allowable business investment loss (ABIL) that occurred in 2005. This is the same year that I went bankrupt. The investment loss was in March of 2005 and the bankruptcy was on Dec. 31, 2005 and discharged in Oct 2006.


One Response to “ABIL”

March 27, 2007 at 4:04 pm, A licensed trustee said:

No, I don’t think that you can, at least not against post-bankruptcy earnings. If anyone is entitled to your ABIL claim it will be your trustee for the benefit of your unsecured creditors.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)