Insurance company sueing me?

October 15th, 2006 by Questions

I was charged with a drinking and driving and was on my parent’s car insurance. The car insurance company covered the damages but now are sueing me for approximately $20,000.00 damages. Can this be included if I declare bankruptcy in Canada?


One Response to “Insurance company sueing me?”

, Barton Goth, GCO Inc. Bankruptcy Trustees said:

From the sounds of things, this will be a debt that would be released by filing either a consumer proposal or a bankruptcy in Canada. As there are a few types of lawsuits that cannot be compromised, it would be best for you to bring any documents you may have relating to this lawsuit to a licensed trustee in your area for review.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)