bankruptcy and credit report

July 2nd, 2006 by Questions

i declared personal bankruptcy in sask. in march 2000 discharged in dec 2000. i think i received my discharge papers but have lost them. do i need to send them to credit reporters (equifax) to have them remove it from my credit report? if so how do i get a copy of my discharge?


One Response to “bankruptcy and credit report”

, A licensed trustee said:

No, Equifax is automatically informed when you are discharged; you do not need to notify them. You can obtain copies of your discharge papers from your trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)