Monthly spending report

June 30th, 2006 by Questions

While on bankruptcy, if a reciept is required for all spending, how does one deal with cash spending on for example parking meters (where no reciept is given)/ money as a gift for weddings/etc… This is a very big concern to me because while I will be able to document all spending and provide my reciepts, I think my wife will not be very good in this department. She will have a very hard time with this, and I would hate to have that damage my chance of straightening out my finances and have a start for a less stressfull life with a discharge. I may note that it will only be me filing for bankruptcy, but my wife does work and contribute to our home and bill payments. Thanks for any insight..

bankruptcy Canada


One Response to “Monthly spending report”

, A licensed trustee said:

While bankrupt, you are required to provide your trustee with proof of income, such as pay stubs, and proof of certain expenses, such as medical expenses and support payments. This proof is required for the purpose of calculating your surplus income. You are not required to provide proof of other expenses (such as groceries). However, we recommend that you keep all receipts, so that you know what you spend your money on each month. It is important that everyone in the family helps with this process. I suggest you contact a licensed trustee for further details.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)