Income or not??

June 26th, 2006 by Questions

CCRA is claiming that since my father made mortgage payments on a house that is registered to my mother, that those payments should be reported as income by my mother. Going by this they want to go back as many years as possible and chrge her income tax on these payments, therefore forcing her into bankruptcy as well. Is this possible? I would think that in any marriage there is sharing of payments between the couple and neither would need be reported as extra income.


One Response to “Income or not??”

, Barton Goth, GCO Inc. Bankruptcy Trustees said:

I would suggest you contact a tax lawyer on this issue, perhaps this is something that is beyond CRA’s ability to do and you wouldn’t require the services of an insolvency professional. The only time you would require the services of a trustee would be if CRA is successful, then we could look at the options to deal with the outstanding monies.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)