Bankruptcy lawyers

March 16th, 2006 by Questions

It’s looking like I might have to file bankruptcy or a consumer proposal. Should I get a lawyer to represent me?


One Response to “Bankruptcy lawyers”

, A licensed trustee said:

You have the right to hire a lawyer to advise you on any legal matter, and if they are an experienced insolvency lawyer they may be able to advise you on your bankruptcy alternatives . However, in Canada, to file a personal bankruptcy or a consumer proposal you require the assistance of a licensed trustee to administer your file. As a result, most Canadians do not hire a lawyer for an independent legal opinion; they rely on the trustee to explain the process and their options.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)