circumstance change

November 25th, 2005 by Questions

I am in a debt management program with a counselling service for approx. 2 years now and have 3 to go.I have been laid off and now I can’t pay the monthly amount that I agreed upon 2 years ago. What are my options ..


One Response to “circumstance change”

, A licensed trustee said:

First, you should contact the counselling agency and discuss your options with them. It may be possible to change the terms of your debt management plan.

Your other option would be to consider filing a consumer proposal or a bankruptcy. To decide if one of these options is correct for you, you should contact a licensed trustee; when you meet with the trustee bring whatever details you have about your debt management plan so they can provide you with a suitable list of alternatives.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)