Re-assessing taxes after bankruptcy discharge

August 22nd, 2005 by Questions

my husband claimed personal bankruptcy in 2003…he was discharged in jan 2005, but since then we have discovered that revenue Canada had made a mistake in his taxes, to his benifit. He would like to go back 5 years but he is worried this might affect the bankruptcy…they did his taxes in 2003 and 2004 and took both refunds…he will have more monies owed to him after re-assessing taxes but can the trustee take any extra monies for those 2 years even after he is discharged?


One Response to “Re-assessing taxes after bankruptcy discharge”

, A licensed trustee said:

If your husband assigned those refunds to his trustee as part of his bankruptcy then it is quite likely any additional/new refunds that your husband may be entitled to for those years (and any prior years) will also be forwarded to your husband’s trustee.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)