I have been out of the country for two years

August 21st, 2005 by Questions

I need your help because I have a personal loan that I have not paid in two years. For serious health reasons I left the country and now I would like to return but I am completely broke and I have no one to turn to. The loan needed to be paid off by July of 2006 and presently I have not contacted my bank because I am afraid of what might happen. Please help me because I don’t know where to turn to. What do you suggest and who can I talk to confidentially?


One Response to “I have been out of the country for two years”

, A licensed trustee said:

You have three options. First, you could call the bank and discuss the situation with them. If you are currently out of the country and have no income, it will be impossible for the bank to garnishee your wages.

Second, you could talk to a credit counsellor.

Finally, you could contact a licensed trustee for a free initial consultation to discuss your options. The correct option for you will depend on your expected future earnings, and when you plan to return to Canada.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)