Divorce Debt

June 22nd, 2005 by Questions

I have been divorced for two years and have the kids with me. He does not pay child support and with the money I make working I can pay all the bills I have presently with a little not much left over. Now I am getting mail about money that he owes. There is no way I can pay those bills.What are my options?I guess what frustrates me is I am doing ok bill wise and surviving. Do I have to claim bankruptcy to get people from asking me for money for his debts.


One Response to “Divorce Debt”

, Barton Goth, GCO Inc. Bankruptcy Trustees said:

Your next step really depends on whether or not you signed on any of your ex-husbands debts. If
you have signed on any of these you have guaranteed the outstanding balances will be paid in full and may need to consult with a trustee to devise a strategy to deal with the oustanding arrears.

However, if you have not signed on any of these amounts you are not responsible. If this is the case I would forward any mail pertaining to your ex-husbands debts to him or simply mark this mail “return to sender.”

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)