December 6th, 2013 by Questions

I had a car that was taken back because I fell behind in payments. This happened over 4 years ago. I received something in the mail 4 years ago. Nothing since. However, recently married and my wife is making me try and fix the credit. We can’t afford to just call and pay the 20 000 in full. She don’t want me to go bankrupt. Is there another option we can do? And how to we figure out who has the amount owing or what I even owe exactly?

Posted from: Newfoundland and Labrador


One Response to “Collections”

, A licensed trustee said:

You can start by requesting a copy of your credit report – try Equifax or Trans Union. Your report should show the amount owing and may give you the name of the collection agency or law firm that was trying to collect. Once you know how much you owe on all of your debts, you can consider your options: a debt management program, a consumer proposal, or perhaps bankruptcy.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)