Free Consultation

Still owing money

Bankruptcy had been declared 4 years ago but HRSDC still ask for money from student loan. That loan was reason for bankruptcy and everything went well. How can they still have that loan on file?

Posted from: British Columbia

One Response to “Still owing money”

A licensed trustee said...

You need to contract the trustee that handled your file and ask for some assistance. If you had not been out of school the required 7 years before you filed for bankruptcy then HRDC may be correct – the debt is still collectable. If you had been out of school the required 7 years then it may simply be someone somewhere has failed to process the correct paperwork. Your trustee should have copies of all of the documents you require to sort this out.