work after bunkruptcy

April 25th, 2013 by Questions

If I was unemployed when I file bankruptcy and 2 month letter after I filled I get a job and start to get income do I have to pay from the income for my debts

Posted from: Ontario


One Response to “work after bunkruptcy”

, A licensed trustee said:

You are required to submit statements of income and expense for the first 6 or 7 months of your bankruptcy based on your actual income and expenses. Your trustee uses these reports to determine if you are required to make additional payments into your bankruptcy (based on your income and the number of people living in your household).

If you start working 2 months after your bankruptcy starts then you’ll be required to start reporting that income. If you are earning more than the government threshold you may have to make additional payments and your bankruptcy may be extended.

Make sure you understand how these payments work BEFORE you file for bankruptcy.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)