Child support and surplus income

September 30th, 2012 by Questions

If my ex owes me child support back pay do i have to include that in my surplus income. I need the money to pay for things for the kids I havent been able to pay for yet. But will I have to hand the money over to my trustee?

Posted from: Alberta


One Response to “Child support and surplus income”

, A licensed trustee said:

Any/all income you receive while you remain a bankrupt must be declared and is subject to the surplus income rules. If your ex pays you support during your bankruptcy then the surplus income rules will apply to any money you receive.

Please post a follow up comment below:

(Note: comments are reviewed by moderators and then posted after approval. In addition, due to high volume some of the comments might not be posted.)