Free Consultation


I have an undischarged bankruptcy from 12 years ago. I was in my early 20’s when I did it and I had a drug problem at that point in my life. I didn’t perform any of my duties and quite frankly I feel I was uninformed and ignorant to the seriousness of the situation I was in. So now I find myself 33 years old with a family and I need to deal with this. I need to know what I have to do, and I need to know what I can expect to happen to me. Also my trustee has since retired I tried to contact him first. Thank you for your time.

Posted from: British Columbia

One Response to “Undischarged”

A licensed trustee said...

Contact the nearest Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy – they will tell you who yoir retired trustee’s successor is and/or give you copies of the doucments that were prepared as part of your bankruptcy. Then you will need to contact the “new” trustee to see what they expect you to do in order to be discharged. Once you have completed those duties you will have to apply to the Court and request your discharge – the Court may assign additional duties and/or penalties as they see fit.

A word to everyone else reading this post: if youn file for bankruptcy make sure you complete the procedure as required. As you can see form this person’s unfortunate story, if you don’t complete the procedure and have to go back later it is much more complicated (and that means more expensive!) and uncertain.