Free Consultation



I worked for a company which has now filed bankruptcy and I’m a truck driver so they have my trailer and they still owe money for my last two months worked. Is there anyway I can get my trailer back? i have contacted the police but they have said i have to contact the company’s lawyer which i dont know

Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “bankruptcy”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

I see two options for you. First go to the premises that your trailer is located (or alternatively the head office of the company in question). There should be notice posted of with the contact name of the Trustee (that is if in fact a bankruptcy has been filed). Then contact the trustee to make the necessary arrangements (but be prepared to have to prove ownership of the trailer, they won’t release anything without documented proof).

The other options, and maybe the simpler choice, contact your local branch of the Office of the Superintendent of Bankruptcy to find out if a bankruptcy has been filed and who you need to talk to (i.e. the appointed Trustee).