Free Consultation

Undischarged Bankruptcy

Good afternoon

I have an undischarged bankruptcy from 2006. At the time I filed I was told my surplus payments would be almost $400.00 a month. I paid the first couple of payments and then discovered I was pregnant with my first child. I was sick for 29 weeks straight and it was financially impossible to make those type of payments (I had told them at the beginning that I couldn`t pay that much and the response was `Well, the Superintendent of Bankruptcy says you can`. I`m now a single mom and still have this on my record. I`ve tried to work with the Trustee on making a lower payment as I now have a dependent and a lesser paying job and I don`t qualify for subsidized daycare (nor do I want it because it`s not the taxpayers job to provide my child with daycare). I was told my file was closed, end of story. What are my options? The Trustee is impossible to deal with and my requests go unanswered.

Many thanks!

Posted from: Ontario

One Response to “Undischarged Bankruptcy”

Barton Goth – Goth & Company Inc. -Trustee in Bankruptcy said...

If your trustee is unwilling to handle the file any more then your options are approach a different trustee (although most trustee’s refuse to get involved unless they were the original trustee) or contact a lawyer. The lawyer is usually the more expensive way to do it, but if your trustee is not interested in helping you resolve the bankruptcy then you may have no choice.